The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life. Rarely do members of one family grow up under the same roof." - Richard Bach

Thursday, October 7, 2010

its been that kind of week

The CEO of my company rode down the elevator with me at lunch. He was heading out to his frequent lunch date, our female VP of Finance.
CEO to me: So how is married life?
me: Its great. He's taking me to lunch today.
(awkward pause)
CEO: How long do you think that is going to last?
(i look at both of them.)
me: Hmm. I don't know. When did you stop taking your wife to lunch??

And I wonder why I'm not promoted.

I am sick of my job situation and want to work for myself, with my Jason as partner. I am exploring. This could be VERY interesting. I sense a manic phase coming on. Cool. Thats means I'll be crazy productive... until I need a 2-day nap in about a month when I crash.

I have finished several books which need reviews.
Super bizarro category:
  • Book of Revelations - A male ballet dancer is kidnapped by 3 nuns who put a hole in his scrotum chaining him to a wall and forcing him to perform ballets for their masked friends. maybe they just dress like nuns.
  • Mariette in Ecstasy - nun has a love affair with the Holy Spirit and no one believes her. i think the other nuns are just jealous.
I'm a follower category:
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - The first 150+ pages sucked pondwater but the rest was yummy enough that I read the second one.
  • The Girl who played with Fire - Moves fast but I wouldn't watch the movie. Not my type. I think the main character should be played by Keira Knightley.

Sounded interesting:

  • Room - Its about a woman that was kidnapped at age 20 and held in a 11x11 room for 7 years. She has a son in there who is 5 now and ithe story is told from his perspective. I liked his point of view but I was pissed at his mother a lot. Then I felt guilty about it. I showered a lot during the reading of this book.

My Jason's birthday is tomorrow but we're celebrating tonight because all the kids will be home. Kids are naturally short on funds (with the exception of Wrigley who always has a five spot) so I told them I would help them with little gifts. They've givene me their list and we present tonight: This ought to be good... see you tomorrow with the b-day run down.

1 comment:

  1. OOh best luck with the job idea. I used to think my hubby and I would work together but no, although we do parallel play, each of us in our own den.

    ReplyDelete