The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life. Rarely do members of one family grow up under the same roof." - Richard Bach

Thursday, September 9, 2010

i'm not freaking out.. well, i don't think.. no, i'm good

I am getting married in nine days. I am excited and relaxed and then anxious and then nuts and then have stomach pains and then laughing and then making run on sentences.

I am happy to becoming Mrs. My Jason, and I'm not stressed over wedding details. Throw up some lights, some tunes and a white dress.. ta dah. I guess I just want it to be great for the kids too. They tell people its their wedding. "Our family is getting married."

The kids have all picked out their own elements, including attire. Miah wants a crocheted hat. Done. Wrigley wants a "Tips Welcome" shirt as he fetches things for guests in hopes for a buck or two. Zeph wants a tie. Kainon wants a vest and his Bob Marley t-shirt. Junah wants to say "Its time to party!" when the wedding ends. Trinity has picked out dance songs to rock her glow sticks. Savannah just wants to go shopping before hand. Zeph wants to work the crowd.

A friend last week asked my Jason and I why we want to get married since we all ready have kids and live together. Good question.

Answers:

I want everyone to see our commitment to each other.
Its a good reason to have a party.
I want our children to know we vow to stay together.
I want to be as close as possible.
I want to say "this is my husband."
I want my dad to say "this is my son-in-law."
I want to be the queen for the day.
I want to be that little old married couple that holds hands as they shuffle along.
I want this memory for our family.

3 comments:

  1. That's how I felt when I married my second and current husband.
    It was important to me that I be married, especially when the going gets tough. I wanted that level of committment.
    Have your best day and life ever. Joy to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh you must have gotten married today. Bless you all. I bet it was a great time.
    Can't wait to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I love this post. Congratulations!!!! Can't wait to read about your ceremony and see pictures!

    ReplyDelete