The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life. Rarely do members of one family grow up under the same roof." - Richard Bach

Friday, September 24, 2010

The Best Day Ever



More gushing. You may want to sit down and not eat any sugar while reading this due to the sensory overload.

Our wedding was the best day ever. It was simple and fun and easy and (for the most part) relaxed. My best friend Valerie said it best on the phone with me today "You really could have focused on things that don't matter and let it bring you down, but you were so happy." I was happy. I am still happy. My face kind of hurts.

The kids were so involved and excited. They helped in preparations, setting up chairs, decorating. The kids colored the "commentary cards" that Kainon help up during the ceremony. (It was an interactive kind of deal.)


The Iowa kids swooped in to craft and entertain the troops and kept me calm. (Aren't they cute!) They were lifesavers!


We had our photo booth and props in full force and a "Beefcake and Baby Baby Baby" photo cutout like in the circus. The idea was "fun fun fun."


My dad walked me down the aisle to The Luckiest by Ben Folds. Jason and I took a vow to our children and wrote our own vows to each other. It was all in front of wildflowers and a Kansas sunset. I am blessed and felt like a country goddess. I had a $90 dress, borrowed boots, my hair fascinator that I made, my bouquet of book page flowers. Everyone had fun and the best thing was the comment that we heard over and over again "That wedding was so Kortney and Jason."

... and they lived happily ever after.

3 comments:

  1. Goosebumps. I'm so happy for you. I can't believe how fun and amazing and simple and special this looks! Congratulations times a million.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't this wonderful. I love seeing a wedding that is real and meaningful to those involved. You look beautiful and I love the fascinator.
    My husband wore a plaid shirt for our wedding too. He refused the tux thing or even a tie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm so glad you posted all those pics and the video. Looks like you all had a wonderful day! Best wishes...~E

    ReplyDelete