The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life. Rarely do members of one family grow up under the same roof." - Richard Bach

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

an apple for your desk

Today was the first day of school. I think I was more excited than the kids. Not really excited about taking Kainon to football practice at 5:30am, but I was eager to get them up. They had their clothes laid out, their backpacks ready. They combed their hair and ate breakfast.

I realize this is a phase. This will not last. It is a mirage. I give it a month, maybe less.

Soon they will evolve back to the children I know. Kainon will wear the same shirt every other day even though he has a closet FULL of clothing options. Miah will have bed head and give me the evil glare when I head towards her with my brush. Trinity will be the Linda Blair child of "I DON'T WANT TO GET UP. DO NOT STEAL MY BLANKET OR I WILL KILLLL YOU MOTHER!" Zeph will try to wear black shirt/black shorts or red shirt/red shorts combo where he looks like he is dressed as a crayon for Halloween.

For today, I will just take the pictures and wave at the bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment