
I have been thinking about the Duggars a lot lately. I mean it keeps me in check when I think "Holy crap we have seven kids." That is a plus. I can appreciate their focus on organization with my own OCD, but the whole matching outfits is disturbing.
I try to imagine if I coordinate the family in demin, red and white outfits. I suppose this would make three color loads of laundry, but I suspect mutiny would soon follow. Its not because they have been brought up to be individuals either. Its because they came out that way!!
Kainon has never cared what clothes I dressed him in as a kid. I could put him in a bowtie, a dress or Garanimals and he didn't care, but he did refuse to eat tomatoes. Miah has always been very picky about clothes from the pink phase and now to her sophsticated Tokyo Street and Baglady Chic fashion collections. She has always had a thing for animals too. Trinity has been boy crazy since she flirted in the womb and Zeph well as I said the d-bag phase is a parenting challenge.
I wonder if any of the Duggar kids sit in their bunks at night thinking "I just want to wear leather chaps." "I am really interested in Buddha." "I want to adopt kids as an adult." "I wonder if Dad can build a BMX ramp."
This is a nonsensical post. I guess I am reminding myself of how thankful I am that our kids are different. With the peculiarity comes tough times too. Miah has tears when her yoga is mocked. Junah gets sent to the principal when he does interpretive dance during the music program. The cool skater kid comes with an attitude... and so on.
see you tomorrow. i've missed you blog and I think we have some catching up to do.

No comments:
Post a Comment