The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life. Rarely do members of one family grow up under the same roof." - Richard Bach

Friday, July 30, 2010

maybe he was born that way

I will try to accept my son for who he is as God made him, but I would be lying if I wasn't disappointed. You see, I fear that my son is douchebag.

Granted, he is only (nearly) 6 and even has a limited wardrobe, but I see the signs.

Zeph pops his collar. He likes white sunglasses. He likes his hat on backwards. He likes the ladies. He sags his shorts. He is way too cocky and he schmoozes. Yikes. He is not modeling after anyone. Kainon lives in basketball shorts and sleeveless t-shirts. The daycare kids wear Garanimals. We don't let Zeph watch Jersey Shore. He thinks this is his own sense of style... or at least he thinks its his own.

I jest. I love my Zephyr. He is a natural leader. He has the older neighbor kids do what he says. He is clearly very confident. He is very athletic, coordinated and spunky. He cracks me up. We enrolled him for Kindergarten last night and I see him interact with the teachers (smooth talker) and with his friends (guys, go do this...) and I sense a storm brewing. A storm of hair products, tribal armbands and man capris.

I need shelter.

No comments:

Post a Comment