While I was away I turned 35 (yeah), we have started tournament basketball most weekends (yeah) and I have been in the hospital (blech.)
I came down with vertigo again. (recap: I had an attack back in January that knocked me out for a week and I thought I had a brain tumor.) Again I woke up for work and nearly ran into the wall... "Jason, call the doctor."
They started me on the same drugs that worked in January but 2 days later I was worse. Finally by 4th of July I was feeling better and wanted to go go go since I had been Rip Van Winkling it for a week. All was great until the afternoon the next day. I was having bouts of tunnel vision. I tried to go to work but started freaking when I was having trouble using a pencil. "Oh great, I'm having a stroke."
The next morning when I couldn't see or use my right hand we went to the ER. I thought they would treat me and send me on my medicine induced merry way. Instead I was admitted. I really belong on an episode of house. After 2 days of drugs being pumped through my IV, cat scans, MRIs, picturse of my brain, my neck, and all fluids tested I was finally discharged when I could walk to the bathroom without falling over.
I was diagnosed with M.A.D. Honest, I didn't even that make that up. Its Migraine Associated Dizziness. I am not sure I buy that answer, but I'm feeling better so I guess it will work for now. The current plan is at the first sign of dizziness I go the ER for an IV of stabilizing meds and head it off right away. I have made an appointment with a group of Internists (internal medicine) to get another opinion. But I'll do that in August. I have been probed enough lately.
I am back in the swing of things now. Caught up at work, menus back on fridge and I can see the floor of the laundry room again. However, this is tough. We have a very busy life, which I love. Never a dull moment between work, daycare, household stuff, playtime, sports, birthday parties and so on. It is organized chaos and I thrive on it. Lately, its a lot harder. I took for granted my energy and multitasking abilities.
I think maybe the world appears to be spinning because its going on around me and I'm not on the ride. That kind of stinks.

Wow, prayers to you. You have been through a lot. I love your line about you should be on House and your title cracked me up till I saw it's for real.
ReplyDeleteMany days of my life have been rescheduled due to migraines. After many years I think having them has taught me that nothing is urgent and the world won't end because I am not participating actively.
These were really good things for me to learn. I used to drive myself to accomplish.
I share this wondering how it is for you? Your challenges are interesting to read about. Grace and ease to you in dealing with them. I know you to be a remarkable woman and coming through this with humor confirms it once again.