The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life. Rarely do members of one family grow up under the same roof." - Richard Bach

Monday, May 24, 2010

my arms kind of feel like jello


We vegged Saturday. It was nice. Slept in. Goofed off. Took the kids to the park for several hours. Ahh...

Then after Zephs Saturday comment that "dishes is mom's job" it was pronounced Family Chore Day. Lawn is mowed, laundry is done, carpets vacuumed, dusty stuff dusted, closets cleaned, garage organized. All in about 2 hours. Then I took Zeph, the offender, out with me to trim the hedges that were swallowing our front steps. It was hard, my arms are sore and I kept Zeph busy picking up every branch.

Zeph: Where's Dad?
Mom: He's in the house.
Zeph: He should be out here helping.
Mom: He is making lunch for everyone.
Zeph: I thought outside stuff was Dad's work.
I say nothing since it is clear he is pondering this.
Zeph: I think that boys and girls can do both kinds of work (AHA) but Mom's don't have to worry about getting their penis cut off by the giant scissors (a.k.a. hedge clippers). Maybe its good that you're doing the outside work.

Not sure he is ready for a lesson in women's liberation, but he didn't think Dad making lunch was "women's work" so that is progress, right?

3 comments:

  1. This made me laugh out loud. You do such a good job.
    His wife will love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post had me laughing out loud. You have a wonderfully engaging crew at your house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gave you two awards today at my blog. They are to recognize your excellence.
    Bless you.

    ReplyDelete