The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life. Rarely do members of one family grow up under the same roof." - Richard Bach

Saturday, March 27, 2010

I'm tardy. Happiness is my excuse.

Valerie asked me where my post was yesterday because its part of her day. Sorry to disappoint. I was lacking in both inspiration and free time.
Today is Saturday and I am content. I prepped the kids thoroughly before going to bed:
Mom: What are we NOT doing in the morning?
Kids: WAKING UP MOM
Mom: And what else are we NOT doing while keeping ourselves occupied in the morning?
Kids: POURING CEREAL OR JUICE. (*I have learned from my mistakes... there are cereal bars and juice boxes awaiting them in the a.m.)

ahhh.... It worked. I slept well. (confession: I just typed "I sleeped well" and almost left it. i am clearly relaxed this morning) That whole crappy sleep thing can really throw you off. This morning Jason and I have scheduled a day of goofing off. We will do our chores tomorrow. That is why our bedroom looks like the dryer threw up all over it:
Its cold here and its almost April. I sat in the closet for a moment and considered moping. Jason kissed the top of my head and left me there to battle my demons while he made coffee. I bravely stood up and put on a summer dress that I love. It makes me happy. Of course, I had to put leggings and a cardigan on so I don't shiver all day. I hope I don't look like a Golden Girl castoff.

So today I need to create some fun. I think I will take my few spare pennies to the Half Price book store. Even the kids love this place. And I think the living room is telling me: BUILD A FORT IN ME. I'd like to paint the dining room's western wall bright red today, but that will wait for another day.

I am not a big fan of extended arm self portraits but I am digging the flower in my hair. Miah picked it for me...

This is me: happy. (I'm the one on the right.)

3 comments:

  1. my guest bed looks EXACTLY like yours!! Awesome. Man, how I hate to fold...but you're right...the dryer will just keep puking clothes until you get around to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so beautiful and happy. I love how you consciously do things to make yourself feel better.
    I heard of a person whose dish cabinets were also a dishwasher. He put his dishes back on the shelf and set them to clean.
    I want a closet where I can put my clothes and set it to clean. All this in the washer, the the dryer then fold and put away - too much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great self portrait. You both look very happy. Goofing off days are the best. And those will be the days that you remember. Not the days when you got all the laundry folded. Speaking as someone who doesn't fold the laundry as often as she should... ;)

    ReplyDelete