The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life. Rarely do members of one family grow up under the same roof." - Richard Bach

Friday, June 4, 2010

I should mention that isn't a plan to kill you

Miah gave me a card addressed to the White House and asked me to mail it at work. I (of course) opened it first... and found this kind little invite to the president:

Dear Michelle and Barack Obama,
My mother is getting married September 18, 2010, also known as National Talk Like a Pirate Day - Arrg! Anyways, if you and your wife would like to come with your Daughters to the wedding if you aren't too busy. My mom said that I should mention that isn't a plan to kill you.
I voted for you and at school I'm doing research on the White House. I thought it would be fun to invite the president and his family to my mom's wedding. The wedding will be in ******. If any help needed, please call (***) mom-cell. Sincerely, Miah

2 comments:

  1. Is that the sweetest most heartfelt invite he receives all year, I don't know what could be.
    Bless you all.
    I hope she gets a reply. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, WHAT IF THEY COME???? I mean, if I got a postcard like that, I would not be able to pass up the opportunity. (Although I am probably not as busy as any of the Obamas.) Congrats on your upcoming nuptials...even if you don't end up with a presidential presence at the ceremony. Loved your post about marriage, as well...that's the kind of relationship that's worth waiting for and fighting for.

    ReplyDelete